By bike & boat to Provence und Camargue - MS CAPRICE - Aigues Mortes - Avignon
Between vineyards and historical ruins
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Individual arrival in Aigues-Mortes. The town is famous for its completely preserved medieval city wall. Embarkation is possible from 06:00 p.m.
Aigues-Mortes, Round tour ca. 55 km
Today's stage is a round trip on which you explore the Camargue, where nature is still untouched in many places. You will also visit the beautiful fishing village of Le Grau-du-Roi. There is the possibility to relax on the beach.
Aigues-Mortes – Arles, Bike tour ca. 25 km
In the morning, the boat will take you to Saint Gilles, from where you will start cycling to Arles, a city in Roman ruins and many other treasures. You will feel like in a painting by Van Gogh and in the afternoon, you will explore the old town.
Arles – Vallabrègues, Bike tour ca. 55 km
This stage takes you to Alpilles, with the village of Les-Baux-de-Provence, and then to Saint Rémy de Provence, the birthplace of Nostradamus. This village is also famous because Van Gogh lived here at the time when he was mentally ill. A landscape with limestone cliffs and olive trees accompanies your journey. In the evening you will anchor in Vallabrègues, a pretty Provencal village on the banks of the Rhône.
Vallabrègues – Aramon, Bike tour ca. 35 km
You cycle on country roads to Barbentane with its castle between the rivers Rho-ne and Durance. You then cycle on to the magnificent Abbey of Saint Michel de Frigolet and then to the medieval Boulbon Castle. In the afternoon the boat will take you to Aramon, where you can spend the night and enjoy a beautiful view of Mont Ventoux.
Aramon – Avignon, Bike tour ca. 40 km
Today's stage takes you to the best-preserved Roman aqueduct in Europe: the Pont du Gard, an architectural masterpiece. Back to Aramon, in the afternoon you will take a boat to Avignon, the city of the popes. The ship moors at the Quai de la Ligne, near the famous Pont St. Bénezet bridge.
Avignon Round tour ca. 30 km
Today, crossing Île de la Barthelasse, you reach the other side of the Rhône and cycle in the typical Garrigue landscape between vineyards and orchards. Before your return, visit Villeneuve Les Avignon, known in the past as the city of the popes. In the afternoon you will discover the historic centre of Avignon.
Departure von Avignon
Disembarkation after breakfast and individual journey home.
Almost all routes can be classified as "easy"
Tour operator: Girolibero Srl, Via Conforto da Costozza 7, I-36100 Vicenza
- Program according to itinerary
- 7 nights in outside cabins with shower/WC in booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x lunch package for bike tours, 7x dinner
- Coffee and tea on board
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Bed linen and towels
- harbour dues
- Daily bike tour briefing
- German speaking tour guide
- Information about the cities (1x per cabin)
- Guided City Tour in Arles
Arrival, transfers, bike hire, entrance and sightseeing fees, city maps, insurance, tips and personal expenses
• Embarkation: from 06:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: after breakfast until 09:00 a.m. • Rental bikes on board: 7-speed unisex touring bikes/freewheel bikes without backpedal brake and luggage carrier bags, as well as e-bikes without backpedal brake are available, early reservation is required. Own bikes: Due to the limited space available on the sun deck, it is not possible to take your own bike with you. • Bike tours: Individual and unguided. They cover between 30 and 60 km. All kilometre indications given are approximate distances from the recommended cycle routes. • Cycling routes / Level of difficulty: Almost all routes can be classified as "easy". Holiday luggage: We recommend good rainwear, bicycle helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. For space reasons we would like to ask you not to bring luggage with a hard shell, the storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Timetable and program changes: Basically reserved. If, for example, a route cannot be travelled due to low water, high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a free reason for cancellation). • Travel documents: EU citizens (for whom there are no special circumstances (e.g. dual citizenship, first residence abroad or temporarily issued travel documents) require a valid identity card or passport for this trip, which must still be valid for at least 6 months after the end of the trip. If you have another citizenship or several citizenships or if you have special legal regulations to observe, please inform yourself about the respective visa and entry regulations at your competent consulate. • This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
You can withdraw from the trip at any time after booking. Cancellation fees can be found in the travel conditions. The travel conditions of the tour operator apply: : Girolibero Srl, Via Conforto da Costozza 7, I -36100 Vicenza. We recommend the conclusion of a foreign health insurance with return transport, an accident, luggage and travel resignation cost insurance.
This tour has 1 more variation
The ship Caprice is equipped as follows: It has 11 cabins (1 single cabin, 2 double cabins, 8 twin cabins) with approx. 8 m2. Each cabin has two non-opening portholes, a private bathroom with shower and air conditioning. In each cabin there is a locker, a wardrobe, a socket and a long mirror. The bed size is 1.90 m x 0.80 m (single bed) and 1.90 m x 1.40 m (double bed). The living room (12.50 x 4.10 m) is air-conditioned and divided into two areas: the restaurant with wooden flooring (up to 22 seats) and the lounge with open bar. The 10 windows provide plenty of natural light. In addition, the ship has a storage area for bicycles, a hair dryer in each cabin and a courtesy set: soap, shower gel, shampoo, shower cap. A sundeck with seats and fixed awnings invites you to linger. You will also find a self-service coffee and tea machine, free WiFi in the restaurant and bar and a 55" flat screen in the salon for videos.
The ship L'Estello is equipped as follows: It has 10 cabins (1 double cabin, 9 twin cabins) of approximately 8 m2. Each cabin has two non-opening portholes, a private bathroom with shower and air conditioning. In each cabin there is a locker, a wardrobe, a socket and a long mirror. The bed size is 1.90 m x 0.80 m (single bed) and 1.90 m x 1.40 m (double bed). The living room (13.90 x 4.60 m) is air-conditioned and divided into two areas: the restaurant (up to 21 seats) and the lounge with comfortable benches. A total of 12 windows provide plenty of natural light. In addition, the ship has a storage area for bicycles, a hair dryer in each cabin and a courtesy set: soap, shower gel, shampoo, shower cap. A sundeck with seats and fixed awnings invites you to linger. Among other things you will also find a self-service coffee and tea machine, free WiFi in the restaurant and bar and a 55" flat screen in the salon for videos.