By bike & boat to Provence und Camargue - Avignon-Aigues Mortes - CAPRICE & L'ESTELLO
Experiencing French charm vividly
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Arrival. Embarkation from 18 o'clock. The ship is waiting for you at Quai de la Ligne, at the famous bridge Pont St. Bénezet.
Avignon Round tour ca. 30 km
Today, crossing Île de la Barthelasse, you reach the other side of the Rhône and cycle in the typical Garrigue landscape between vineyards and orchards. Before your return, visit Villeneuve Les Avignon, in the past known as the city of the cardinals. In the afternoon you will discover the historic centre of Avignon.
Avignon – Aramon, Bike tour ca. 40 km
In the morning the boat takes you to Aramon, where you start cycling. Today's stage will take you to the best-preserved Roman aqueduct in Europe: the Pont du Gard, an architectural masterpiece. In the evening you will moor in Aramon with a beautiful view of Mont Ventoux.
Aramon – Vallabrègues, Bike tour ca. 35 km
A morning boat trip takes you to Vallabrègues, a beautiful village on the banks of the Rhône. You then cycle on country roads to Barbentane with its castle between the Rhône and Durance rivers. Then you cycle on to the magnificent abbey of Saint Michel de Frigolet and then to the medieval castle of Boulbon. Overnight stay in Vallabrègues.
Vallabrègues – Arles, Bike tour ca. 55 km
This stage takes you to Saint Rémy de Provence, the birthplace of Nostradamus. This village is also famous because Van Gogh lived here when he was mentally ill. Then you drive to Alpilles with the village of Les-Baux-de-Provence. A landscape with limestone cliffs and olive trees accompanies your journey.
Arles – Aigues-Mortes, Bike tour ca. 25 km
In the morning you will visit Arles, the ancient capital of Gaul with its beautiful Roman ruins. After lunch you will reach the lock of Saint Gilles. From here a short boat trip will take you to Aigues-Mortes, where you will spend the night.
Aigues-Mortes, Round tour ca. 55 km
Today's stage is a round trip, during which you explore the Camargue, where nature is still untouched in many places. You will also visit the beautiful fishing village of Le Grau-du-Roi. There is the possibility to relax on the beach.
Departure von Aigues-Mortes
Disembarkation after breakfast and individual journey home.
Almost all routes can be classified as "easy"
Tour operator: Girolibero Srl, Via Conforto da Costozza 7, I-36100 Vicenza
- Program according to itinerary
- 7 nights in outside cabins with shower/WC in booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x lunch package for bike tours, 7x dinner
- Coffee and tea on board
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Bed linen and towels
- harbour dues
- Daily bike tour briefing
- German speaking tour guide
- Information about the cities (1x per cabin)
- Guided City Tour in Arles
Arrival, transfers, bike hire, entrance and sightseeing fees, city maps, insurance, tips and personal expenses.
• Embarkation: from 06:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: after breakfast until 09:00 a.m. • Rental bikes on board: 7-speed unisex touring bikes/freewheel bikes without backpedal brake and luggage carrier bags, as well as e-bikes without backpedal brake are available, early reservation is required. Own bikes: Due to the limited space available on the sun deck, it is not possible to take your own bike with you. • Bike tours: Individual and unguided. They cover between 30 and 60 km. All kilometre indications given are approximate distances from the recommended cycle routes. • Cycling routes / Level of difficulty: Almost all routes can be classified as "easy". • Holiday luggage: We recommend good rainwear, bicycle helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. For space reasons we would like to ask you not to bring luggage with a hard shell, the storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Timetable and program changes: Basically reserved. If, for example, a route cannot be travelled due to low water, high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a free reason for cancellation). • Travel documents: EU citizens (for whom there are no special circumstances (e.g. dual citizenship, first residence abroad or temporarily issued travel documents) require a valid identity card or passport for this trip, which must still be valid for at least 6 months after the end of the trip. If you have another citizenship or several citizenships or if you have special legal regulations to observe, please inform yourself about the respective visa and entry regulations at your competent consulate. • This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
You can withdraw from the trip at any time after booking. Cancellation fees can be found in the travel conditions. The travel conditions of the tour operator apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend the conclusion of a foreign health insurance with return transport, an accident, luggage and travel resignation cost insurance.
This tour has 1 more variation
The ship Caprice is equipped as follows: It has 11 cabins (1 single cabin, 2 double cabins, 8 twin cabins) with approx. 8 m2. Each cabin has two non-opening portholes, a private bathroom with shower and air conditioning. In each cabin there is a locker, a wardrobe, a socket and a long mirror. The bed size is 1.90 m x 0.80 m (single bed) and 1.90 m x 1.40 m (double bed). The living room (12.50 x 4.10 m) is air-conditioned and divided into two areas: the restaurant with wooden flooring (up to 22 seats) and the lounge with open bar. The 10 windows provide plenty of natural light. In addition, the ship has a storage area for bicycles, a hair dryer in each cabin and a courtesy set: soap, shower gel, shampoo, shower cap. A sundeck with seats and fixed awnings invites you to linger. You will also find a self-service coffee and tea machine, free WiFi in the restaurant and bar and a 55" flat screen in the salon for videos.
The ship L'Estello is equipped as follows: It has 10 cabins (1 double cabin, 9 twin cabins) of approximately 8 m2. Each cabin has two non-opening portholes, a private bathroom with shower and air conditioning. In each cabin there is a locker, a wardrobe, a socket and a long mirror. The bed size is 1.90 m x 0.80 m (single bed) and 1.90 m x 1.40 m (double bed). The living room (13.90 x 4.60 m) is air-conditioned and divided into two areas: the restaurant (up to 21 seats) and the lounge with comfortable benches. A total of 12 windows provide plenty of natural light. In addition, the ship has a storage area for bicycles, a hair dryer in each cabin and a courtesy set: soap, shower gel, shampoo, shower cap. A sundeck with seats and fixed awnings invites you to linger. Among other things you will also find a self-service coffee and tea machine, free WiFi in the restaurant and bar and a 55" flat screen in the salon for videos.