With Bike & Barge along the Hansa Route - MS DE NASSAU
Historical cities and diverse natural areas
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Arrival in Amsterdam
At 13 h embarkation and check-in in Amsterdam. At 14 h your ship sails from Amsterdam on the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal to Wijk bij Duurstede, a town at the Lower Rhine River.
Wijk bij Duurstede – Wageningen – Arnhem, cycle tour approx. 35 – 44 km
During breakfast, the ship sails to Wageningen. From this town, your first cycling tour of the week takes you through the lovely valley of the Lower Rhine River and through the Veluwe, a large area of woods and heathlands. At the end of the day you pedal to Arnhem, via suburbs and past the lovely parks named Sonsbeek and Zijpendaal. Close to the center of this former Hanseatic city, you stay overnight.
Arnheim – Doesburg – Zutphen – Deventer, cycle tour approx. 45 – 55 km
Today’s cycling tour starts in the small town of Doesburg. There are two cycling options to get to Zutphen and Deventer. The shorter option goes along the river IJssel to Bronkhorst, a seeming hamlet that’s proud to be the smallest town in Holland. From Bronkhorst you continue to Zutphen along the riverbank. The longer longer trip goes via Vorden, passing country houses, castles and rural estates. Overnight stay in Deventer.
Deventer – Zwolle – Kampen, cycle tour approx. 40 – 56 km
In the morning, your ship takes you to Wijhe, where your bicycle ride begins. You can choose between a short option along the banks of the river or a longer ride across the east Veluwe area. It is only a short ride to the city of Zwolle, one of the most beautiful Hanseatic cities. From Zwolle you continue cycling to Kampen, where you stay overnight.
Kampen – Elburg – Harderwijk, cycle tour approx. 48 km
From Kampen the cycling tour leads along the Border Lakes to the fishing harbor of Elburg and continues through the woods and moorlands of the Veluwe to lovely Harderwijk, where the night will be spent in its old fishing harbor. In the 1500s Harderwijk boasted the largest fish market in the Zuiderzee region.
Harderwijk – Spakenburg – Huizen, cycle tour approx. 45 – 56 km
Today, there are two routes to choose from. A shorter bike ride along the coast of the Border Lakes or a combination of the coast route and a longer alternative that runs through adjacent woodlands. In the afternoon, you will pass Spakenburg, a fishing village well-known for its traditional costumes that are worn to this day. Docking destination for today is Huizen.
Huizen – Naarden – Muiden – Amsterdam, cycle tour approx. 35 km
Huizen is the starting point for a ride to the beautiful fortress towns of Naarden and Muiden. The latter is famous for its historic castle on the waterfront. From Muiden you will cycle along quiet roads to your final destination, the world famous city of Amsterdam. You have enough time to spend in the Dutch capital any way you like. Seize the chance to do a canal tour, to visit Anne Frank’s home or any of a number of world renowned museums around the Museumplein.
Departure from Amsterdam
Disembarkation until 09:30 h and individual journey home.
Due to its numerous cycle paths, Holland has become a paradise for cyclists. The cycle routes are on flat terrain and are easy to cycle on.
| Season A |
| Season B |
| Season C |
09.05.2020 | 19.09.2020 |
| Season D |
16.05.2020 | 23.05.2020 | 30.05.2020 |
| Season E |
13.06.2020 | 27.06.2020 | 11.07.2020 | 18.07.2020 | 25.07.2020 | 01.08.2020 | 08.08.2020 | 15.08.2020 | 22.08.2020 | 29.08.2020 | 05.09.2020 |
|Bike & Boat Hanseatic Tour - DE Nassau, main deck, NL-NLSHR-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Discount for three-bed cabin||-20.00||-20.00||-20.00||-20.00||-20.00|
|Fixed charge for double cabin in single use||370.00||370.00||370.00||370.00||370.00|
|2-person cabin premium||120.00||120.00||120.00||120.00||120.00|
|Bike & Boat Hanseatic Tour - DE Nassau, upper deck, NL-NLSHR-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Discount for three-bed cabin||-20.00||-20.00||-20.00||-20.00||-20.00|
Tour operator: Boat Bike Tours, Aambeeldstraat 20, 1021 KB, Amsterdam
- 7 nights in outside cabin with en-suite shower facilities in the booked category
- Program according to itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- All port, bridge, and locks fees
- Daily cabin cleaning, change of linen and towels on request
- Welcome drink
- Full board: breakfast buffet, 6 x packed lunch for cycle tours, 6 x coffee and tea in the afternoon,
7x three-course dinner
- Daily briefing on the respective cycle tours
- GPS tracks
- Tour guide on board
- Maps and information material for individual cycle tours, 1x per cabin
Arrival and departure, parking fees and transfers, bike rental, entrance fees and excursions, city maps, travel insurances, gratuities and own expenses.
Passenger car parking options in Amsterdam (subject to change):
For example: Parking Oosterdok www.parkingcentreamsterdam.com, economy fare approx. € 20.-/24 h or Valet Parking Service (via holiday extras), approx. € 145.-/week (Rate depends on capacity; application form with your booking confirmation).
• Embarkation: 13:00 h. • Disembarkation: until 09:30 h. • Rental Bikes on Board: unisex touring bikes of the brand Gazelle Chamonix with lightweight frames and normal mount (ladies model), with easy-to-handle Shimano 7 gears, hand brakes, gel-saddle (height adjustable), lock and pannier bag. All bikes have 28 inch wheels. The e-bike is a Trenergy E-Relax Pro with Nexus 7 gears, 3 support levels and hand brakes only (or a comparable brand/model). E-bikes available (on request, limited stock, pending availability). Please provide your body measurements upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck • Cycle tours: individual or guided cycling tours. Daily distances range from 26 - 56 km. All indicated distances are approximate and refer to the recommended cycling tours. • On-Board Language: German, English • Cycle Sections/Level of Difficulty: Due to its numerous cycle paths, Holland has become a paradise for cyclists. The cycle routes are on flat terrain and are easy to cycle on. • Optional Excursion Programme: can be booked directly aboard the ship. Depending on the group composition, the tours will be bilingual, German-English • Luggage: We recommend quality rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and trainers • Special Dietary Needs: (e.g. lactose-free and gluten-free dietary) possible upon request and for extra charge and must be ordered at least 14 days prior to departure. It might be necessary to bring special dietary products • Timetable and Itinerary: subject to alterations. In case a section of the journey cannot be sailed due to low or high water levels or bad weather conditions, the Captain reserves the right to modify the itinerary for your safety (this does not constitute a valid reason for withdrawal). • Travel Documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy.• This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 15 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). Minimum number of participants: 24 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of SE-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: Boat Bike Tours, Aambeeldstraat 20, 1021 KB, Amsterdam. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
MS DE NASSAU
MS De Nassau is a medium-sized cozy river cruise ship. In the summer of 2018 the cabins and the salon/restaurant in front of the ship have been completely refitted. The ship has a large salon with large panoramic windows on the upper deck that combines the restaurant, bar and a lounge area. On the partially roofed sun deck, chairs and sun loungers invite for a stay. Bicycles will be stored on a
separate part of the sun deck.
The lower deck has 22 twin cabins: Fourteen “regular” twin cabins in the middle and back (10 m² – 108 m²) with two single low beds. One cabin has the possibility for a third bunk bed (above one of the beds). Eight “superior” twin cabins in the front (9.5 m² – 11.5 m²) have two separate beds, set next to each other as a hotel style bed (can be arranged as 2 separate single beds) and have been renovated in 2018. All lower deck cabins have a small window that can be opened.
The upper deck offers twelve twin cabins (10 m² – 108 m²), ten cabins with two single low beds and two with a double bed. Four cabins have the possibility for a third bunk bed (above one of the beds). All upper deck cabins have a window that can be opened.
All 34 cabins aboard MS De Nassau have an individual climate control system, mini-safe, hair dryer, 230V sockets and shower/WC.
Technical Data: Partial renovation 2018. Capacity: max. 73. Lenght: 72 m. Width: 8.6 m.
Draught: 1.70 m. Flag: Netherlands. On-board currency: Euro.