By Bike & Barge from Bamberg to Regensburg
In the footsteps of King Ludwig I
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Guided group tour
Arrival in Bamberg
Individual arrival in Bamberg. Around 2pm you can check into your cabin. The thousand-year-old imperial city of Bamberg, also called Franconian Rome, is a city of world class format. Like a work of art, you can admire the listed baroque buildings and medieval houses and facades on a walk through the small winding streets and alleys of the old town.
Bamberg – Erlangen, cycle tour approx. 45 km – 55 km
After breakfast you cycle along the small village of Hausen through the meadows of the Regnitz Valley on one of the most beautiful cycle paths in Germany, the "Regnitz-Radweg". Take a break in one of the numerous beer gardens and enjoy a refreshing beer or a piece of cake before you finish the tour in Erlangen.
Erlangen – Nürnberg – Hilpoltstein, cycle tour approx. 28 km - 50 km
In the morning the captain will bring you to Nuremberg, where your bike tour starts today. Here you pilgrimage through the medieval old town and visit the "Historical Mile" the most important historical buildings which were restored after the destruction in World War II. Afterwards you will discover one of the oldest canals in the world, the original Danube-Main Canal of King Ludwig I, with its 101 locks and beautiful views. After you have left the historic canal, you cycle through the Rothsee National Park to Hilpoltstein. Once you have arrived, you can enjoy the Bavarian landscape from the sun deck.
Hilpoltstein – Beilngries approx. 39 km - 48 km
Today the way leads you to Freystadt, where you visit the city centre and the famous 'Maria-Hilf-Wallfahrtskirche'. An important German baroque church situated in the middle of a meadow at the gates of the town. In the afternoon the tour leads you to Beilngries, where the baroque town hall or the rococo building of the Frauenkirche stands. After you have visited the picturesque old town you let the evening end with a beer, which was brewed with the local spring water of the Sulz and the Altmühl.
Beilngreis – Riedenburg, cycle tour approx. 30 km
On this day you cycle through the "Altmühl National Park". Here you will find excellent cycle paths in the magnificent countryside and the remains of the historic King Ludwig-Main-Danube Canal, which originally flowed through this valley.
Riedenburg – Regensburg, cycle tour approx. 55 km
The last tour of this trip takes you to the medieval city of Regensburg. You will reach this historic and rich city of Regensburg after a tour through green meadows with beautiful views.
After breakfast you can go on a sightseeing tour of the city or enjoy shopping in the countless large and small shops and boutiques. At 12 noon the crew of la Belle Fleur will say goodbye, individual journey home.
You cycle on town paths along canals or quiet side roads, field and forest paths. Some longer climbs have to be mastered. A basic level of fitness is recommendable.
- 7 days / 6 nights outside cabin on MS LA BELLE FLEUR with en-suite shower facilities in the
- Programme according to itinerary from Bamberg to Regensburg
- Full board (6x breakfast, 5x packed lunch for cycle tours, 5 x coffee and tea from 2 pm – 8 pm,
6x three-course dinner)
- Use of bed linen and towels (towels can be changed daily)
- Cabin cleaning as required
- All port, bridge and lock fees
- Daily briefing on the respective cycle tours
- Maps and route book (one per cabin)
- Tour guide on departures 23 May and 20 June for guided cycle tours
Arrival and departure, parking fees and transfers, bike rental, entrance fees and excursions, city maps, travel insurances, gratuities and own expenses.
Car parking facilities in Bamberg:
It is best to park your car in a parking lot near the dock, approx. € 10.00 € per day (Georgendamm 2a, 96052 Bamberg)
• Embarkation: 2 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 12 a.m. • Bike Hire on board: The ship's bikes are hybrid bikes with 24 gears, handbrakes (without back pedal brake) and a bicycle bag. Please state your height when booking. E-bikes are limited available on board, early booking required. • Bike tours: Individual or guided (23 May / 20 June guided tours). You cover between 28 and 55 km. All kilometre indications given are approximate distances from the recommended cycle routes • Cycle routes / degree of difficulty: You cycle on town paths along canals or quiet side roads, field and forest paths. Some longer climbs have to be mastered. A basic level of fitness is recommendable. • Excursion program: If the cycle stages and lying times make it possible, an excursion program is put together, which can only be booked on board and is payable in cash. Depending on the number of participants, the excursions may be offered bilingually in German and English. • Holiday luggage: We recommend good rainwear, bicycle helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. For space reasons we would like to ask you not to bring luggage with a hard shell, the storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Timetable and program changes: Basically reserved. If, for example, a route cannot be travelled due to low/high tide or bad weather, the captain reserves rights to change the route for your safety (this is not a free reason for cancellation) • Travel documents: EU citizens (for whom there are no special circumstances, e.g. dual citizenship, primary residence abroad or temporarily issued travel documents), require a valid identity card or passport for this trip, which must still be valid for at least 6 months after the end of the trip. If you have another citizenship or several citizenships or if you have to observe special legal regulations, please inform yourself about the respective visa and entry regulations at your responsible consulate.
• This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 10 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of SE-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
This tour has 1 more variation
MS LA BELLE FLEUR
The La Belle Fleur was launched in 1992. Since then she has been very successful in doing bike & barge tours in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany. Since 2011 the ship has a new owner, who manages the LA BELLE FLEUR with much engagement. The ship has a cosy saloon and a sundeck, where the meals can be served if the weather is fine.