By Bike & Barge from Regensburg to Bamberg - MS LA BELLE FLEUR
In the footsteps of King Ludwig I
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Guided group tour
Arrival in Regensburg
Individual arrival in Regensburg. The crew of La Belle Fleur welcomes you on board around 2pm. After a visit to the medieval town, the bikes can be tested on a short tour in the surroundings of the town.
Regensburg – Riedenburg, cycle tour approx. 55 km
Today you cycle along the Danube, to Riedenburg, but first you stop in Kellheim, a small cozy town at the intersection of the blue Danube and the Main-Danube Canal.
Riedenburg – Beilngries, bike tour approx. 30 km
Today's programme takes you to the Altmühltal National Park, where you drive along the valley and see many remains of the old King Ludwig Canal that used to flow through it. The end of the tour takes you to Beilngries, a town with a historic centre.
Beilngries – Hilpoltstein, cycle tour approx. 39 km - 48 km
Your bike tour first heads for the old town of Freystadt, where you will visit the centre and the baroque church "Maria-Hilf-Wallfahrtskirche". You can find this graceful pilgrimage church, directly from the centre in the middle of the fields. In the afternoon you continue the tour to Hilpoltstein, from where you can enjoy the pure Bavarian landscape from the sun deck.
Hilpoltstein – Nuremberg, cycle tour approx. 28 km - 50 km
Today you cycle along the Rothsee National Park to discover one of the oldest canals in the world, the original Main-Danube Canal of King Ludwig with its 101 locks. In the afternoon you arrive in Nuremberg, a city with a lot of history. You can stroll in the medieval part of the city or you can visit the remains of World War II, including the buildings of the Nuremberg Paths. After a tour through this beautiful city, the captain will take you to Erlangen
Erlangen – Bamberg, bike tour approx. 45 km - 50 km
The last day of this tour takes you through the fields of the Regnitz Valley, where you follow one of the most beautiful cycle paths in Germany, the "Regnitz Cycle Path". On the way you can drink a beer or have a nice piece of homemade cake in one of the local beer gardens. You will also visit Forchheim, a small and cosy Franconian town, from where your journey takes you to the beautiful Bamberg.
On the last day of our tour we visit Bamberg, a city with a lot of splendour; here you will find the most beautiful baroque buildings, the typical German houses and the small lanes that will surprise you again and again. At 12 h noon the crew of La Belle Fleur will say goodbye, individual journey home.
You cycle on town paths along canals or quiet side roads, field and forest paths. Some longer climbs have to be mastered. A basic level of fitness is recommendable.
- 7 days / 6 nights outside cabin on MS LA BELLE FLEUR with en-suite shower facilities in the
- Programme according to itinerary from Regensburg to Bamberg
- Full board (6x breakfast, 5x packed lunch for cycle tours, 5 x coffee and tea from 2 pm – 8 pm,
6x three-course dinner)
- Use of bed linen and towels (towels can be changed daily)
- Cabin cleaning as required
- All port, bridge and lock fees
- Daily briefing on the respective cycle tours
- Maps and route book (one per cabin)
- Tour guide on departures 30 May and 27 June for guided cycle tours
Arrival and departure, parking fees and transfers, bike rental, entrance fees and excursions, city maps, travel insurances, gratuities and own expenses.
Car parking facilities in Regensburg:
You can park your car for free on the P+R parking lot "Unterer Wöhrd Regensburg". Because these are free parking spaces, the car park is not guarded and the car is not protected from possible damage. The direct P&R parking at the station is also a possibility, it is not free, but guarded (Wöhrdstraße 62, 93059 Regensburg).
• Embarkation: 2 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 12 a.m. • Bike Hire on board: The ship's bikes are hybrid bikes with 24 gears, handbrakes (without back pedal brake) and a bicycle bag. Please state your height when booking. E-bikes are limited available on board, early booking required. • Bike tours: Individual or guided (30 May / 27 June guided tours). You cover between 28 and 55 km. All kilometre indications given are approximate distances from the recommended cycle routes • Cycle routes / degree of difficulty: You cycle on town paths along canals or quiet side roads, field and forest paths. Some longer climbs have to be mastered. A basic level of fitness is recommendable. • Excursion program: If the cycle stages and lying times make it possible, an excursion program is put together, which can only be booked on board and is payable in cash. Depending on the number of participants, the excursions may be offered bilingually in German and English.
• Holiday luggage: We recommend good rainwear, bicycle helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. For space reasons we would like to ask you not to bring luggage with a hard shell, the storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Timetable and program changes: Basically reserved. If, for example, a route cannot be travelled due to low/high tide or bad weather, the captain reserves rights to change the route for your safety (this is not a free reason for cancellation) • Travel documents: EU citizens (for whom there are no special circumstances, e.g. dual citizenship, primary residence abroad or temporarily issued travel documents), require a valid identity card or passport for this trip, which must still be valid for at least 6 months after the end of the trip. If you have another citizenship or several citizenships or if you have to observe special legal regulations, please inform yourself about the respective visa and entry regulations at your responsible consulate.
• This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 10 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of SE-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
This tour has 1 more variation
MS LA BELLE FLEUR
The La Belle Fleur was launched in 1992. Since then she has been very successful in doing bike & barge tours in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany. Since 2011 the ship has a new owner, who manages the LA BELLE FLEUR with much engagement. The ship has a cosy saloon and a sundeck, where the meals can be served if the weather is fine.