With Bike and Barge from Rotterdam to Cologne - MS OLYMPIA
Along the Lower Rhine
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self guided
Arrival to Rotterdam
Embarkation in Rotterdam from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00.p.m. Enjoy your first evening on board or have a stroll through the city of Rotterdam with Europe’s largest port.
Rotterdam – Dordrecht, Cycle Tour approx. 40 km
Cycle first to reach Kinderdijk, boasting the best-known windmills in the Netherlands. The 19 windmills, which date back to the 18th century, are beautifully preserved and are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue the cycle tour and after a short while, you reach today’s destination - Dordrecht. The oldest city in the Holland area lies on an island bordered by large rivers and is characterised by numerous historic buildings, city ports and a fantastic atmosphere.
Dordrecht – Gorinchem, Cycle Tour, approx. 37 km
For today’s cycle trip, leave behind the lively cities and dive into the quietness of nature: pass through the national park of De Biesbosch, an adventurous labyrinth composed of rivers with crystal clear water and small islands. It is one of the few tidal freshwater zones in the world.
Gorinchem – Wijk bij Duurstede, Cycle Tour, approx. 50 km / Boat Tour Wijk bij Duurstede - Rhenen
Leave the fortified city of Gorinchem and enjoy a bike ride through unspoilt nature. Follow the River Linge, a tributary of the Rhine, and by reaching today’s destination Wijk bij Duurstede. Enjoy an evening Boat Tour to Rhenen.
Rhenen – Arnhem, Cycle Tour approx. 30 km / Boat tour Arnhem - Emmerich
You cycle along the Lower Rhine and past the foreshore of the dike. Enjoy your Bike tour through the Betuwe – one of the Netherland’s largest fruit-growing regions. A detour to the city centre becomes a trip to bygone times with narrow lanes and picturesque buildings. In the night shipping from Arnhem to Emmerich by passing the Dutch-German border.
Emmerich – Xanten, Cycle Tour approx. 31 km / Boat tour Xanten - Düsseldorf
In Emmerich, start for today’s bike ride and cycle past the nature reserve of the Reeser Schanz to the Roman city of Xanten. The Archaeological Park is always worth a visit. Explore how the Romans lived and settles down 2000 years ago.
Düsseldorf – Cologne, Cycle Tour approx. 55 km
In the morning you will already have reached Düsseldorf from where you start your last cycle tour along the well-developed Rhine cycle path with a particularly attractive section where historic Old Towns and idyllic nature are interspersed with industrial heritage. The towns located directly on the Rhine, often boasting well preserved medieval town walls and towers, are well worth a detour. Eventually reach the Cathedral city of Cologne where the vivid riverbank of the Rhine invites for a stay. Enjoy a cosy evening on board or have a Kölsch, the typical beer from Cologne, in one of the numerous pubs.
Departure from Cologne
Disembarkation after breakfast until 09:00 a.m.
The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist.
| Season 1 |
22.05.2021 | 11.09.2021 |
|Bike and Barge from Rotterdam to Cologne, MS OLYMPIA, two-bed cabin main deck, NL-RHSRK-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|2-bed cabin in single use||1,249.00|
|Bike & Boat Rotterdam - Cologne - MS Olympia - two-bed-cabin upper deck, NL-RHSRK-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|2-bed cabin astern||1,049.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabins on MS OLYMPIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full meals: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily informational meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- SE-Tours Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
- GPS tracks for cycle tour
Journey to Rotterdam and from Cologne, shuttles, entrance fees and excursions, bike rental, ferry fares, travel insurances, parking fee, drinks on board, tips.
• Embarkation: between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 9:00 a.m. • Bike Hire on Board: smooth-running 7 speed - unisex- city bikes and 8 speed pedelecs from Velo de Ville (custom built for SE-Tours) with hand- and back pedal brakes or with free-wheel hub (limited available, please indicate upon booking) and pannier bags. Please inform us about your body height upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. Storage of bikes inside the ship is not possible. • Cycle Tours: unguided. You will cycle between 30 and 55 km per day. The kilometres indicated for the suggested cycle tours are approximate. • Cycle routes/ level of difficulty: The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist. • Optional Excursions: tour legs and the ship‘s time in port permitting, an optional excursion programme will be organised. Excursions can only be booked and paid (in cash) aboard the ship. • Luggage on board: We recommend waterproof rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. We would like to ask you to do without hard-side luggage, as storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Alterations of schedule or programme: Subject to change. If a route cannot be shipped as a result of low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route in view of your safety (this will not be accepted as a reason for free withdrawal). • Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 75 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of Se-tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
This tour has 1 more variation
Comfortable and cosy river ship with family environment. The ship was refurbished in 2015/2016. The panoramic salon with bar in gentlemen club-style and the bright and friendly restaurant are waiting for you to pass relaxing hours here. A spacious, partly shaded sun deck and storage space for bicycles.