Zeelandroute - MS OLYMPIA
Infinite width, marvellous beaches and lovely bathing re-sorts
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self guided
Arrival in Rotterdam, Boat Tour Rotterdam – Dordrecht
Individual arrival in Rotterdam. Embarkation at about 04:00pm. You may have some time left to see Rotterdam’s stunning Market Hall. The Dutch refer to it as their version of the „Sistine Chapel“. At 06:00pm sail to Holland’s oldest town, Dordrecht, impressively located on an island between three wide rivers.
Dordrecht – Willemstad – Hellevoetsluis, Cycle Tour, approx. 45 km
In the morning, set sail for Willemstad, a small fortified town dating from the 17th/18th century, which is well worth visiting. Here start for your first cycle tour. Cross the inland waters of Haringvliet over the Volkerakdam, and cycle through fields and past storybook villages like Zwartsluis and Goudswaard to the popular water sports centre of Hellevoetsluis.
Hellevoetsluis – Bruinisse, Cycle Tour approx. 45 km
With fine weather, it is worth to take a detour to the bathing beach of Rockanje, a wide fine-sandy beach with marvellous dunes, before starting the bike tour. Crossing the Haringvliet again, you pass through small villages like Stellendam with the mill Korenlust, the small water sport village of Herkingen and, continuing along the Grevelingendam, you reach the mussel village of Bruinisse.
Bruinisse – Middelburg, approx. 54 km
Today cycle to the small town of Zierikzee, which is among the 10 most beautiful Dutch national heritage towns. The „fat tower“ rises high above the town. The top of the tower offers marvellous views over the town, the harbour and the island. Continue your tour crossing the Zeeland Bridge to Middelburg, the capital of the province of Zeeland. Once the second most important city in the Netherlands after Amsterdam, Middleburg is a town full of history. Numerous shops and cafes are waiting to be discovered.
Boat Tour Middelburg – Veere, Cycle Tour Middelburg – Neeltje Jans – Veere, approx. 35 – 55 km
Today you can choose between three different routes, for example the former working island Neeltje Jans, which was created by rising a sand flat to facilitate the construction of the Eastern Scheldt storm surge barrier, the most impressive construction of the Delta Works. You will have the possibility not only to marvel at the locks from up close but also from the inside. Afterwards, continue the cycle tour to Veere, a beautiful holiday seaside town, where once deeply loaded Scottish ships landed.
Boat Tour Veere – Bruinisse – Willemstad, Cycle Tour Bruinisse – Willemstad, approx. 34 km
Cycle via Oude-Tonge – the small, popular water sports village was badly impacted by the 1953 flood catastrophe. 305 people are buried in a mass grave near the dike just outside the village – and via small villages like Achthuizen back to Willemstad.
Willemstad – Rotterdam, Cycle Tour approx. 39 km
Today´s cycle tour starts in Willemstad and takes you back to Rotterdam. While passing the popular Erasmus Bridge you can see MS Olympia from a distance which already awaits you. Use the chance and experience Europe´s largest harbour on an interesting harbour tour.
Departure from Rotterdam
Disembarkation until 09:00am and individual journey home.
Due to its numerous cycle paths, Holland has become a paradise for cyclists. The cycle routes are on flat terrain and are easy to cycle on, strong headwinds possible.
| Season 1 |
16.05.2020 | 04.07.2020 | 11.07.2020 | 18.07.2020 | 25.07.2020 | 01.08.2020 | 08.08.2020 | 26.09.2020 | 03.10.2020 |
|Bike & Boat Rotterdam - Provinz Zeeland - MS Olympia - main deck, NL-ZLSRR-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed charge for double cabin in single use||426.00|
|Bike & Boat Rotterdam - Provinz Zeeland - MS Olympia - upper deck, NL-ZLSRR-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Discount for Achtern cabin||-50.00|
|Single cabin surcharge (money value)||300.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS OLYMPIA with en-suite shower facilities in the booked category
- Program according to itinerary from/to Rotterdam
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Change of linen and towels on request
- Full board (7 x breakfast buffet, 6 x packed lunch for cycle tours or lunch snack, 6 x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x three-course dinner)
- All port, bridge and lock fees
- Daily briefing on the respective cycle tours
- Maps and information material for the cycle tours, 1x per cabin
- GPS tracks
- SE-Tours tour manager on board
Arrival and departure, parking fees and transfers, bike rental, entrance fees and excursions, city maps, travel insurances, gratuities and own expenses.
Car Parking Facilities in Rotterdam (subject to change, effective April 2018):
For example “Parkeergarage de Boompjes“ Rotterdam
Car park near the docking location (about 10 minutes walking distance), approx. € 28,- every 24 hours or
Valet Parking Service (via holiday extras), approx. € 145.-/week (Rate depends on capacity; application form with your booking confirmation).
• Embarkation: from 04:00pm to 05:00pm • Disembarkation: until 09:00am. • Rental Bikes on Board: smooth-running 7-speed unisex tour bikes made by Velo de Ville (custom built for SE-Tours) with hand and back pedal brakes or freewheel (subject to availability) and equipped with pannier. Electro Bikes (limited number – early booking required). Please provide your body measurements upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. • Cycle Tours: Individual and self-guided. Daily distances range from 25 - 58 km. All indicated distances are approximate and refer to the recommended cycling tours. • On-Board Language: German, English • Cycle Sections/ Level of Difficulty: Due to its numerous cycle paths, Holland has become a paradise for cyclists. The cycle routes are on flat terrain and are easy to cycle on, strong headwinds possible • Optional Excursion Programme: we have organised a small choice of optional excursions for you, these can be booked directly aboard the ship. A short description of the excursions you will find in the travel documents. Depending on the group composition, the tours will be bilingual, German-English • Luggage: We recommend quality rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and trainers • Special Dietary Needs: (e.g. lactose-free and gluten-free dietary) possible upon request and for extra charge and must be ordered at least 14 days prior to departure. It might be necessary to bring special dietary products • Timetable and Itinerary: subject to alterations. In case a section of the journey cannot be sailed due to low or high water levels or bad weather conditions, the Captain reserves the right to modify the itinerary for your safety (this does not constitute a valid reason for withdrawal). • Travel Documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 70 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of SE-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
Comfortable and cosy river ship with family environment. The ship was refurbished in 2015/2016. The panoramic salon with bar in gentlemen club-style and the bright and friendly restaurant are waiting for you to pass relaxing hours here. A spacious, partly shaded sun deck and storage space for bicycles.