Zeelandroute - MS OLYMPIA
Infinite width, marvellous beaches and lovely bathing resorts
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self guided
- Round trip
Arrival in Rotterdam, Boat Tour Rotterdam – Dordrecht
Individual arrival in Rotterdam. Embarkation at about 04:00pm. You may have some time left to see Rotterdam’s stunning Market Hall. The Dutch refer to it as their version of the „Sistine Chapel“. At 06:00pm sail to Holland’s oldest town, Dordrecht, impressively located on an island between three wide rivers.
Dordrecht – Willemstad – Hellevoetsluis, Cycle Tour approx. 45 km
In the morning, set sail for Willemstad, a small fortified town dating from the 17th/18th century, which is well worth visiting. Here start for your first cycle tour. Cross the inland waters of Haringvliet over the Volkerakdam, and cycle through fields and past storybook villages like Zwartsluis and Goudswaard to the popular water sports centre of Hellevoetsluis.
Hellevoetsluis – Bruinisse, Cycle Tour approx. 45 km
With fine weather, it is worth to take a detour to the bathing beach of Rockanje, a wide fine-sandy beach with marvellous dunes, before starting the bike tour. Crossing the Haringvliet again, you pass through small villages like Stellendam with the mill Korenlust, the small water sport village of Herkingen and, continuing along the Grevelingendam, you reach the mussel village of Bruinisse.
Bruinisse – Middelburg, approx. 54 km
Today cycle to the small town of Zierikzee, which is among the 10 most beautiful Dutch national heritage towns. The „fat tower“ rises high above the town. The top of the tower offers marvellous views over the town, the harbour and the island. Continue your tour crossing the Zeeland Bridge to Middelburg, the capital of the province of Zeeland. Once the second most important city in the Netherlands after Amsterdam, Middleburg is a town full of history. Numerous shops and cafes are waiting to be discovered.
Boat Tour Middelburg – Veere, Cycle Tour Middelburg – Neeltje Jans – Veere, approx. 35 – 55 km
Today you can choose between three different routes, for example the former working island Neeltje Jans, which was created by rising a sand flat to facilitate the construction of the Eastern Scheldt storm surge barrier, the most impressive construction of the Delta Works. You will have the possibility not only to marvel at the locks from up close but also from the inside. Afterwards, continue the cycle tour to Veere, a beautiful holiday seaside town, where once deeply loaded Scottish ships landed.
Round Trip Veere / Bout tour Veere – Dordrecht, Cycle Tour approx. 40 km
Today you have another opportunity to enjoy the picturesque, typically Dutch landscape on the Peninsula Walcheren around the lively tourist towns of Veere and Middelburg. Nowhere in the Netherlands does the sun shine as often and long as on Walcheren. Alternatively, you can do one of yesterday's cycling tours.
Dordrecht – Rotterdam, Cycle Tour approx. 40 km
On your last stretch, explore the best-known windmills in the Netherlands at Kinderdijk. The 19 windmills, which date back to the 18th century, are beautifully preserved and are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. The windmills are well worth a visit! Follow the route along the Maas River up to Rotterdam, one of the largest ports in the world.
Departure from Rotterdam
Disembarkation until 09:00am and individual journey home.
Due to its numerous cycle paths, Holland has become a paradise for cyclists. The cycle routes are on flat terrain and are easy to cycle on, strong headwinds possible.
| Season 1 |
07.05.2022 | 14.05.2022 | 02.07.2022 | 09.07.2022 | 16.07.2022 | 23.07.2022 | 30.07.2022 | 06.08.2022 | 13.08.2022 | 20.08.2022 | 27.08.2022 | 03.09.2022 |
|Bike & Boat Rotterdam - Provinz Zeeland - MS Olympia - Main Deck, NL-ZLSRR-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|2-bed cabin in single use||1,249.00|
|Bike & Boat Rotterdam - Provinz Zeeland - MS Olympia - Upper Deck, NL-ZLSRR-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|2-bed cabin astern||1,049.00|
- Seven nights in outside cabins with private facilities in the booked cabin category
- Program according to routing
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Room cleaning every day, changing of towels and bed cloths as necessary
- Full board consisting of 7x breakfast, 6x lunch package for cycle tours or snack on board (non-cyclists), 6x coffee or tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course-dinner
- Daily meeting for the cycle tours
- Printed instructions and maps for daily individual bike tours (1 per cabin)
- GPS tracks for cycle tours
- Tour guide on board
Arrival and departure, parking fees and transfers, bike rental, entrance fees and excursions, city maps, travel insurances, gratuities and own expenses.
Passenger car parking options in Rotterdam (subject to change, effective March 2021)
Car park near the docking location (about 10 minutes walking distance), approx. € 25.- every 24 hours or
Valet Parking Service (via holiday extras), approx. € 175.-/week (Rate depends on capacity; application form with your booking confirmation).
- 7-gear-Unisex-trekking bikes und 8-gear-E-Bikes (brand: Velo de Ville - special SE-Tours edition)
- With hand brake and pedal brake or hand brakes only (subject to availability, please indicate as a non-binding customer request by the booking)
- Pannier bag and rental bike insurance included
- E-Bikes on a limited number only
- Please indicate your body height by the booking
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, there may be restrictions on board. These are temporary, government-mandated restrictions that may vary regionally. For the safety of all persons present on board, you are obliged to wear a mouth and nose protector and to observe the rules of distance and hygiene. For this purpose, you will receive our ship-specific hygiene concept when booking/inquiring.
• Embarkation: from 04:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 09:00 a.m. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. • Cycle Tours: Individual and self-guided. Daily distances range from 25 - 58 km. All indicated distances are approximate and refer to the recommended cycling tours. • On-Board Language: German, English • Cycle Sections/ Level of Difficulty: Due to its numerous cycle paths, Holland has become a paradise for cyclists. The cycle routes are on flat terrain and are easy to cycle on, strong headwinds possible • Optional Excursion Programme: we have organised a small choice of optional excursions for you, these can be booked directly aboard the ship. A short description of the excursions you will find in the travel documents. Depending on the group composition, the tours will be bilingual, German-English • Luggage: We recommend quality rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and trainers • Special Dietary Needs: (e.g. lactose-free and gluten-free dietary) possible upon request and for extra charge and must be ordered at least 14 days prior to departure. It might be necessary to bring special dietary products • Timetable and Itinerary: subject to alterations. In case a section of the journey cannot be sailed due to low or high water levels or bad weather conditions, the Captain reserves the right to modify the itinerary for your safety (this does not constitute a valid reason for withdrawal). • Travel Documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 70 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of SE-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
Comfortable and cosy river ship with family environment. The ship was refurbished in 2015/2016. The panoramic salon with bar in gentlemen club-style and the bright and friendly restaurant are waiting for you to pass relaxing hours here. A spacious, partly shaded sun deck and storage space for bicycles.