On Rhine and Neckar - with Bike and Barge from Koblenz to Bad Wimpfen - MS PATRIA
Historical towns and legendary landscapes
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self guided
Arrival to Koblenz
Embarkation as from 4 p.m., the crew will welcome you on board. You will spend the evening and first night in Koblenz.
Boat tour Koblenz – Boppard | Boppard – Rüdesheim, Cycle tour approx. 46 km
You sail by barge upstream the river Rhine from Koblenz to Boppard. Enjoy the panoramic view of the unforgettable Upper Middle Rhine Valley, a UNESCO Word Heritage site. From there you cycle on the left river bank via castles and burgs alongside the celebrated Rock of Lorelei to the beautiful and famous city of Rüdesheim. Overnight stay in Rüdesheim or in Bingen.
Rüdesheim – Mainz, Cycle tour approx. 32 - 35 km
The many picturesque houses and the beautiful landscape along the way from Rüdesheim to Mainz make your bike tour an experience. Mainz has numerous churches, museums and historical monuments, e.g. the Cathedral or the Electors Palace, one of the most magnificent of the residences on the Middle Rhine.
Mainz – Nierstein, cycle tour approx. 17 - 26 km
You cycle via Laubenheim to Nierstein, the biggest vine growing community on the river Rhine, where you will enjoy your lunch on board. Nierstein is a popular destination for exploring the vineyards with a tractor wagon.
Boat tour Nierstein – Mannheim | Mannheim – Heidelberg, Cycle tour approx. 25 km
By ship to Mannheim. From there on you will cycle via the Celtic city of Ladenburg, where you reach the river Neckar for the first time, to Heidelberg. This old city draws tourists from all over the world. Visit the castle and explore the old town on your own.
Heidelberg – Eberbach, Cycle tour approx. 34 km
After bike tour from Heidelberg via Ziegelhausen and through the Odenwald to Neckarsteinach you will reach picturesque Eberbach, a nice old town with narrow streets.
Eberbach – Bad Wimpfen, Cycle tour approx. 45 km
The first stop of today’s bike tour is Burg Hornsberg in Neckarzimmern. Bad Wimpfen, the last destination of this tour, looks like a dream village of the middle Ages.
Departure from Bad Wimpfen
After breakfast disembarkation until 09:00 am. Individual journey home.
The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist.
| Season 1 |
09.05.2020 | 04.07.2020 | 29.08.2020 |
|Bike & Boat on the Rhine and Neckar - Koblenz-Bad Wimpfen - MS Patria - main deck, DE-RHSKB-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|% charge for double cabin in single use 50%||405.00|
|Bike & Boat on the Rhine and Neckar - Koblenz-Bad Wimpfen - MS Patria - upper deck, DE-RHSKB-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|% charge for double cabin in single use 50%||470.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS PATRIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drinks
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily information meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- SE-Tours Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Arrival and departure, transfers to/from the docking place in Koblenz/Bad Wimpfen, bike rental, ferry fares, travel insurances, parking fee, drinks on board, tips
Transfer back to Koblenz:
Travelling by train takes about 3.5 hours, approx. € 45,- per person or transfer by mini bus (minimum 4 persons), approx. € 85,- per person (own bikes will be carried for an extra charge of € 15 per bike). Limited space, reservation for the transfer bus required in advance, to be paid on spot
• Embarkation: from 4:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 9:00 a.m. • Bike Hire on Board: smooth-running 7 speed - unisex- city bikes (custom built for SE-Tours) with hand- and back pedal brakes or with free-wheel hub (please indicate upon booking) and pannier bags. Electric bikes (limited availability – timely booking required) Please inform us about your body height upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. Storage of bikes inside the ship is not possible. • Cycle Tours: unguided. You will cycle between 17 and 46 km per day. The kilometres indicated for the suggested cycle tours are approximate. • Cycle routes/ level of difficulty: The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist. • Optional Excursions: tour legs and the ship‘s time in port permitting, an optional excursion programme will be organised. Excursions can only be booked and paid (in cash) aboard the ship. • Luggage on board: We recommend waterproof rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. We would like to ask you to do without hard-side luggage, as storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Alterations of schedule or programme: Subject to change. If a route cannot be shipped as a result of low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route in view of your safety (this will not be accepted as a reason for free withdrawal). • Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 40 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of Se-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
with this letter we would like to inform you that the annual lock closure on the Moselle has been postponed this year from May 2020 to autumn 2020 due to Corona.
Affected is the period 20.09. - 01.10.2020 and therefore also the following bike & boat trips on the Moselle with MS PATRIA, which cannot take place as planned:
|12.09. – 19.09.2020||Koblenz - Saarburg|
|03.10. – 10.10.2020||Saarburg - Koblenz|
|10.10. – 17.10.2020||Koblenz - Saarburg|
|17.10. – 24.10.2020||Saarburg - Koblenz|
In consultation with the shipping company and the Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration (WSA) we will carry out these trips as follows:
|12.09. – 19.09.2020||Koblenz - Koblenz||Disembarkation in Koblenz instead of Saarburg|
|03.10. – 10.10.2020||Koblenz - Saarburg||Reverse direction|
|10.10. – 17.10.2020||Saarburg - Koblenz||Reverse direction|
|17.10. – 24.10.2020||Koblenz - Saarburg||Reverse direction|
The tour on 12.09.-19.09.20 Koblenz-Koblenz changes only minimally. The boat will leave Trier in the evening on day 6 and return to Traben-Trarbach where it will stay overnight. The bike tour on day 7 from Trier to Saarburg will be omitted, but on day 7 the guests will have a longer stay in Traben-Trarbach and can explore the city and surroundings by bike or on foot. This is followed by a cruise from Traben-Trarbach to Koblenz, arriving at about 6 pm.
The last three dates are in the opposite direction, but the tours are identical, only the embarkation and disembarkation ports are swapped.
This tour has 1 more variation
On the Neckar and Rhine, the 68 meters long MS PATRIA, which can accommodate a max. of 68 guests, is your sailing home. The ship is modernized for boat bike tours and provides 15 cabins on the main deck and 19 cabins on the upper deck.