With Bike and Barge from Koblenz to Saarburg - MS PATRIA
Beautiful river valleys and vineyards on Moselle and Saar
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self guided
Arrival to Koblenz
Embarkation between 4 and 5 p.m. You will spend the evening and first night in Koblenz.
Boat tour Koblenz – Alken | Alken - Moselkern-Cochem, Cycle tour approx. 29 km
By ship to Alken, where your bike tour starts. You are cycling to Moselkern and then on to Cochem. Cochem is a lovely little town with historical half-timbered-houses and a picturesque Old town. Inexperienced cyclists we recommend spending the day on board and use the day off to visit Cochem in the afternoon.
Cochem – Zell on the Moselle, Cycle tour approx. 39 km
The bike tour will take you to Beilstein first, which you can explore during a short tour on your own. Pass Europe’s steepest vineyard at Bremmer Calmont. Today´s tour ends in the wine village of Zell on the Moselle. You should take the time to enjoy the popular wines.
Zell on the Moselle – Bernkastel-Kues, Cycle tour approx. 43 km
You are cycling from Zell to romantic Traben-Trarbach, where Jugendstil architecture shows its best side. After that the middle aged market place of Bernkastel-Kues invites you for a rest. You will reach the ship in Kues after a tour through town.
Bernkastel-Kues – Mehring, Cycle tour approx. 47 km
Cycle tour to Piesport, the oldest winegrowing community along the Moselle. Visit the Roman cellars and the vineyards on your own. Further on you are going to Neumagen-Dhron which is the oldest wine city of Germany. After lunch break the tour continues to Mehring.
Mehring – Trier, Cycle tour approx. 26-29 km
You will cycle via Pfalzel to Trier, where MS PATRIA is already waiting for you. Trier is one of the oldest cities of Germany and its Roman roots are still visible in impressive buildings as the Porta Nigra, the Konstantin basilica and the Amphitheatre.
Trier – Wasserbillig (Luxemburg) – Saarburg, Radtour ca. 38 km
Heute radeln Sie immer am Fluss entlang von Trier über Wasserbillig in Luxemburg nach Saarburg, auch bekannt als „Klein-Venedig“. Das Stadtbild ist geprägt von engen Gassen, Fachwerkhäusern, Barockbauten sowie bunten Fischer- und Schifferhäusern.
Abreise aus Saarburg
Ausschiffung nach dem Frühstück bis 09:00 Uhr und individuelle Heimreise.
The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist.
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS PATRIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drinks
- Daily cabin cleaning, changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily information meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- SE-Tours Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Arrival and departure, transfers to/from the docking place in Koblenz/Saarburg, bike rental, ferry fares, travel insurances, parking fee, drinks on board, tips.
Transfer back to Koblenz:
Travelling by train takes about 2 hours, approx. € 24,- per person or transfer by mini bus (minimum 4 persons), approx. € 75,- per person (own bikes will be carried for an extra charge of € 15,- per bike). Limited space, reservation for the transfer bus required in advance, to be paid on spot.
• Embarkation: from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 9:00 a.m. • Bike Hire on Board: smooth-running 7 speed - unisex- city bikes (custom built for SE-Tours) with hand- and back pedal brakes or with free-wheel hub (please indicate upon booking) and pannier bags. Electric bikes (limited availability – timely booking required) Please inform us about your body height upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. Storage of bikes inside the ship is not possible. • Cycle Tours: unguided. You will cycle between 17 and 46 km per day. The kilometres indicated for the suggested cycle tours are approximate. • Cycle routes/ level of difficulty: The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist. • Optional Excursions: tour legs and the ship‘s time in port permitting, an optional excursion programme will be organised. Excursions can only be booked and paid (in cash) aboard the ship. • Luggage on board: We recommend waterproof rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. We would like to ask you to do without hard-side luggage, as storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Alterations of schedule or programme: Subject to change. If a route cannot be shipped as a result of low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route in view of your safety (this will not be accepted as a reason for free withdrawal). • Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 40 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of Se-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
On the Neckar and Rhine, the 68 meters long MS PATRIA, which can accommodate a max. of 68 guests, is your sailing home. The ship is modernized for boat bike tours and provides 15 cabins on the main deck and 19 cabins on the upper deck.