With Bike and Barge from Koblenz to Saarburg - MS PATRIA
Beautiful river valleys, vineyards and picturesque towns
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self guided
Arrival to Saarburg
Embarkation between 4 and 5 p.m. You will spend the first night and evening in Saarburg. In its centre you will find a waterfall of 20 meters deep as well as many baroque buildings and fisher houses.
Saarburg – Wasserbillig (Luxemburg) – Trier, Cycle tour approx. 38 km
Today you will cycle from Saarburg along the idyllic nature reserve of the abandoned meander of the River Saar. Further on to Wasserbillig in Luxemburg and from here to the Igeler Säule. Later you will reach Trier, where MS PATRIA is already waiting for you.
Trier – Mehring, Cycle tour approx. 26-29 km
After breakfast you will cycle via Pfalzel to Mehring, the largest winegrowers’ community in the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer region.
Mehring – Piesport – Bernkastel-Kues, Cycle tour ca. 47 km
Today you will reach Bernkastel-Kues by bike. The market place from the Middle Ages with many wood timbered houses invites you for a rest. On your way you visit Neumagen-Dhron which is the oldest wine city of Germany. Further on you reach Piesport, the oldest wine growing community along the Moselle. You should take the time to enjoy the popular wines.
Bernkastel-Kues – Traben-Trarbach – Zell on the Moselle, Cycle tour approx. 43 km
Today’s bike tour brings you to romantic Traben-Trarbach, where Jugendstil architecture shows its best side. Continuing to Zell, well known wine village on the Moselle. In the evening you will have the chance to visit a local winegrowers place and enjoy a wine tasting with the famous Moselle wines (optional, bookable on board).
Zell on the Moselle – Beilstein – Cochem, Cycle tour approx. 39 km
The perfect maintained historical centre of Beilstein, “the Sleeping Beauty of the Mosel”, is waiting for you. Today’s tour ends in Cochem with the Reichsburg. Cochem is a lovely little town with historical half-timbered-houses and a picturesque Old town.
Boat tour Cochem – Koblenz, day of rest on board | alternative Cochem – Alken – Koblenz, cycle tour approx. 50 km
Today you can spend the day on board and relax on the sundeck. Enjoy the beautiful Moselle landscape passing by and stroll along the “Deutsche Eck” in Koblenz in the afternoon, where Moselle and Rhine flow together. Experienced cyclist can cycle from Cochem to Koblenz and visit Burg Eltz.
Departure from Koblenz
Disembarkation after breakfast until 9:00 a.m. Individual journey home.
The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist.
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS PATRIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drinks
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily information meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- SE-Tours Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Arrival and departure, transfers to/from the docking place in Koblenz/Saarburg, bike rental, ferry fares, travel insurances, parking fee, drinks on board, tips.
Transfer back to Saarburg:
Travelling by train takes about 2 hours, approx. € 24,- per person or transfer by mini bus (minimum 4 persons), approx. € 75,- per person (own bikes will be carried for an extra charge of € 15,- per bike). Limited space, reservation for the transfer bus required in advance, to be paid on spot.
• Embarkation: from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 9:00 a.m. • Bike Hire on Board: smooth-running 7 speed - unisex- city bikes (custom built for SE-Tours) with hand- and back pedal brakes or with free-wheel hub (please indicate upon booking) and pannier bags. Electric bikes (limited availability – timely booking required) Please inform us about your body height upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. Storage of bikes inside the ship is not possible. • Cycle Tours: unguided. You will cycle between 17 and 46 km per day. The kilometres indicated for the suggested cycle tours are approximate. • Cycle routes/ level of difficulty: The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist. • Optional Excursions: tour legs and the ship‘s time in port permitting, an optional excursion programme will be organised. Excursions can only be booked and paid (in cash) aboard the ship. • Luggage on board: We recommend waterproof rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. We would like to ask you to do without hard-side luggage, as storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Alterations of schedule or programme: Subject to change. If a route cannot be shipped as a result of low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route in view of your safety (this will not be accepted as a reason for free withdrawal). • Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 40 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of Se-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
On the Neckar and Rhine, the 68 meters long MS PATRIA, which can accommodate a max. of 68 guests, is your sailing home. The ship is modernized for boat bike tours and provides 15 cabins on the main deck and 19 cabins on the upper deck.