Berlin - Stralsund, MS PRINCESS
Bike and Boat along the Oder to the Baltic Sea to Usedom and Rügen
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self guided
Arrival in Berlin
Individual arrival in Berlin. Embarkation at 4:00 PM. Berlin is always worth a trip. Maybe you’ll have some time and like to take a stroll on the Kurfürstendamm, take a walk through the Nicolai Quarter on Spree Island or take gander at the Brandenburg Gate. The possibilities of Berlin are almost endless.
Berlin – Oranienburg – Eberswalde, bike tour, about 38 km
The well-marked bike route meanders northward through the Ruppin sea area to Oranienburg. Sightseeing tip: the Baroque castle with its park, museum and orangery. This is your embarkation point, after which you will sail to Eberswalde. In the heart of the city, in the Finow Canal, is the oldest working lock in Germany, which has been a technical monument since 1978.
Eberswalde – Hohensaaten – Schwedt, bike tour, about 32 - 64 km
First you will bike through the splendid landscape on the Treidel bike route along the Finow Canal, passing by forests, glades and small hills in the direction of Niederfinow (boat lift – a tour is always an option) to Hohensaaten. There you will get back on board and sail to Schwedt or if you still like to cycle you go by bike (add. 32 km).
Schwedt – Mescherin – Szczecin, bike tour, about 30 km
Today you will bike through a part of a unique, cross-border nature reserve, the “Lower Oder Valley National Park”, then on to Gartz and Mescherin, where you will get back on the boat. Then you will sail to Szczecin, the green city on the mouth of the Oder and one of the largest ports on the Baltic Sea. The reconstructed castle of the dukes of Pomerania situated in the city’s historic centre is worth seeing.
Szczecin – Wolgast, day of rest on board
Today you will spend all day on board.
After one last narrow passage, the boat will arrive in the expansive waters of the Bay of Szczecin (Oder Lagoon). After the crossing, you will reach Wolgast, the „Gateway to Usedom Island". The Medieval historic centre with its town hall and the Church of St. Petri are interesting sights in any case.
Wolgast – Peenemünde – Lauterbach, bike tour, about 15 km
In the morning you will bike through Zecherin and Karlshagen Harbour to Peenemünde (tip: historical/technical museum in the former power plant). When the weather is fine you may feel like cycling the “beach-route” via Trassenheide and Zinnowitz alternatively. In Peenemünde you will get back on board and at about 6 pm you sail to Lauterbach in the southeast of Rügen Island (arrival around 9 pm).
Lauterbach – Stralsund, bike tour, about 48 km
Today you should not miss a visit to the nearby city of Putbus (about 2 km) with its well-known circus. Classical buildings line this circular “square”, where all the streets converge.
Your bike tour on this day will take you through Putbus, Garz, Groß Schoritz, the birthplace of Ernst Moritz Arndt, Poseritz and Gustow with its well-known village church over the Rügen Dam to Stralsund, where the boat will meet you. As a city with an important past, a stroll through the historic centre, which is situated on an island, will take you past numerous exceptional sights.
Departure from Stralsund
After breakfast, disembarkation until 09:00 am and individual trip home.
You will mostly be biking on car-free paths, rural country roads with little traffic and asphalted bike lanes but also on dusty field paths and dirt roads, with a few short sections on federal highways. “Pleasure-biking” - The routes are mostly flat with some hilly parts, although there will be a few steep inclines and downgrades.
- Seven nights’ accommodation in an outside cabin of the MS PRINCESS with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Programme according to the itinerary from Berlin to Stralsund
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Bedding and towel changes as needed
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x lunch snack on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x three-course dinner
- All port and lock dues
- Daily bike tour meeting
- On-board tour guidance
- GPS tracks
- 1x book with route maps for individual tours per cabin
Arrival and departure, transfers, bike rentals, entrance and sightseeing fees, city maps, travel insurance, gratuities and personal expenses
Passenger car parking options in Berlin (subject to change):
For example: Parking Garage “Hallen am Borsigturm” (1.600 parking spaces), always open,
ca. € 10.00/day, about 800 m from mooring point. No reservation possible. Return by train from Stralsund to Berlin approx. € 46.- per person.
• Embarkation at 4:00 pm, disembarkation after breakfast at 9:00 am. • Rental bikes on board: smooth-running 7-gear unisex bicycle with hand and back pedal brake and saddle bag, made by Velo de Ville (special design for SE-Tours). Electric bicycle (limited number, an early booking is necessary). Please indicate your body height when you book • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. • Bike tours: the bike tours are individual and unguided. They cover distances between 15 and 45 km. All of the stated kilometre distances are approximate distances for the recommended bike tours. • Languages on board: German, English • Bike routes/level of difficulty: you will mostly be biking on car-free paths, rural country roads with little traffic and asphalted bike lanes but also on dusty field paths and dirt roads, with a few short sections on federal highways. “Pleasure-biking” - The routes are mostly flat with some hilly parts, although there will be a few steep inclines and downgrades. • If you don’t feel like a bike ride on a particular day, you can spend the day on the ship. • Luggage: please make sure that your vacation luggage includes good rainproof gear (jacket and pants), a bike helmet, a sun hat and sunscreen as well as tennis shoes. • Schedule/timetable: the schedule and programme are always subject to change. • If a certain route cannot be taken due to high or low tides, the Skipper retains the right to change the route for reasons of safety without this constituting any legal entitlement to a claim. • Because your boat will generally dock at the next port on the same day, your time frame for some activities and sight-seeing will be limited. • Due to a very low overhead clearance of some bridges the sundeck will be closed from time to time. Optional guided walking tours in Szczecin: can be booked on board only. Depending on the number of participants the excursion could be carried out in 2 languages (German/ English).• Travel Documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six(6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 70 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of SE-Tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
This tour has 1 more variation
MS Princess is due to its size the ideal boat for cruises on river Oder. It offers a restaurant with homelike salon. Altogether MS PRINCESS has 49 cabins available. 42 twin-bed-cabins on the main deck, four of them can be used as three-beds-cabins (third bed carrying capacity max. 70 kg) and 7 twin-bed-cabins on upper deck.