With bike & barge from Strasbourg (Kehl) to Mainz - MS OLYMPIA
Dome cities and castle romance at Rhine and Neckar
Strasbourg – Gambsheim lock, Cycle tour approx. 25 km / Boat Tour Gambsheim lock – Germersheim
After breakfast, you will have the possibility to visit Strasbourg, the capital of the Alsace, with its numerous channels, the Strasbourg Minster and the Tanners` Quarter with its small historic half-timbered houses. Enjoy a piece of French joie de vivre before you begin your first cycle tour. Cycle directly alongside the Rhine River through the gentle Rhine plain until you reach the Gambsheim lock where your ship already awaits you to set sail for Germersheim. While sailing, enjoy a glass of wine on deck or in the saloon recalling the first impressions of your journey.
Germersheim – Speyer, Cycle Tour approx. 25 km
Today`s cycle tour leads through unspoilt nature along the old Rhine ox-bow lakes. Before, however, look forward to exploring the ancient fortified city of Germersheim with its numerous quaint lanes, corners and squares. Continue cycling through the Palatinate Region to reach the cathedral city of Speyer. In 1981, Speyer Cathedral was added to the UNESCO-World Heritage List.
Speyer – Mannheim, Cycle Tour approx. 20 km
Enjoy a short cycle ride alongside the Old Rhine, past marvellous lakes, through untouched protected areas designated as National Nature Reserves and natural flood plains. You reach Mannheim, also called the “City of Squares” due to its layout in a grid-pattern. In these squares, countless places are well worth visiting as for example the famous Mannheim Baroque Palace – German largest Baroque palace complex and the water tower – the city’s landmark.
Mannheim – Heidelberg – Mannheim, Cycle Tour approx. 60 km
Today the tour leads through the core of the Electoral Palatinate and thus partly along the Castle Road. Schwetzingen Castle and its castle garden are only two reasons to visit the charming town of Schwetzingen. From here, the route continues via Plankstadt and Eppelheim to Heidelberg. Already visible from afar, the castle ruin of Heidelberg Castle towers over the Old Town. Admire the famous Heidelberg red sandstone bridge or stroll through meandering lanes and see the picturesque squares in the Old Town. The further way leads you on the other side of the Neckar via the Roman town Ladenburg back to Mannheim.
Mannheim – Worms, Cycle Tour approx. 25 km
Boat Tour Worms – Nierstein, Nierstein – Mainz, Cycle Tour approx. 20 km
With almost 1,000 Hectare of viticultural area, Nierstein is home to the largest wine-growing community on the Rhine. The historic Old Town with its medieval market square and noble houses is also well worth visiting. A short stretch that leaves plenty of time for one to indulge oneself: cycle on the Rhine Cycle Route on well-paved cycle ways directly alongside the Rhine from Nierstein to Mainz. Guests, who would like to cycle a longer stretch, can also choose to start the cycle tour already in Worms. (cycle tour Worms-Mainz approx. 60 km).
The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist.
| Season A |
17.06.2023 | 15.07.2023 |
|MS OLYMPIA, Strasbourg-Mainz, Upper deck, DE-RHSSM-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|2-bed cabin in single use||1,948.50|
|2-bed cabin astern||1,249.00|
|MS OLYMPIA, Strasbourg-Mainz, Main deck, DE-RHSSM-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|2-bed cabin in single use||1,349.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabins on MS OLYMPIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full meals: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily informational meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- SE-Tours Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Journey to Strasbourg and from Mainz, shuttles, entrance fees and excursions, bike rental, ferry fares, travel insurances, parking fee, drinks on board, tips
Due to dynamic developments, changes may still occur at short notice. Therefore, please inform yourself in advance about the currently valid safety and hygiene regulations under https://www.se-tours.de/en/travel-information/information-corona-virus Participants of our tours are responsible for checking and complying with the current Corona travel regulations at the time of travel.
- 7-gear-Unisex-trekking bikes und 8-gear-E-Bikes (brand: Velo de Ville - special SE-Tours edition)
- With hand brake and pedal brake or hand brakes only (subject to availability, please indicate as a non-binding customer request by the booking)
- Pannier bag and rental bike insurance included.
- E-Bikes on a limited number only
- Please indicate your body height by the booking
Travel safe and secure with SE-Tours: We recommend to wear a helmet. Onboard Selling: UVEX I-VO € 40.00 per helmet, limited number
• Embarkation: between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 9:00 a.m. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. Storage of bikes inside the ship is not possible. • Cycle Tours: unguided. You will cycle between 20 and 47 km per day. The kilometres indicated for the suggested cycle tours are approximate. • Cycle routes/ level of difficulty: The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist. • Optional Excursions: We offer a small excursion program that can be booked directly on board at the cruise director only. You will get a brief description together with your travel documents. Depending on the number of participants some excursions could be carried out in 2 languages (German/ English) • Luggage on board: We recommend waterproof rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. We would like to ask you to do without hard-side luggage, as storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Alterations of schedule or programme: Subject to change. If a route cannot be shipped as a result of low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route in view of your safety (this will not be accepted as a reason for free withdrawal). • Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Minimum number of participants: 75 guests (must have been reached within 21 days prior to departure). You may cancel the booking at any time. For cancellation fees, please refer to the booking conditions of Se-tours. The tour operator’s terms and conditions apply: SE-Tours GmbH, Am Grollhamm 12a, 27574 Bremerhaven. We recommend that you take out a travel health insurance with repatriation coverage as well as baggage, accident and travel cancellation insurances.
This tour has 1 more variation
Comfortable and cosy river ship with family environment. The ship was refurbished in 2015/2016. The panoramic salon with bar in gentlemen club-style and the bright and friendly restaurant are waiting for you to pass relaxing hours here. A spacious, partly shaded sun deck and storage space for bicycles.